Saturday, April 17, 2010

South Carolina Stole My Heart

I recently had a good friend of mine say to me, "so, South Carolina has stolen your heart huh?" I could only respond by saying, "your absolutely right!" I moved here about a year and a half ago and it was one of the best things I could have ever done. Sure, I miss all my friends and family that I left behind in Ohio, but, someone else recently said to me, "this is your home now," and they too are absolutely right!

Since moving here I've learned a lot about life in the south. The people definitely are friendlier and yes, strangers will wave to you when you drive by them as if they've known you for years. They like shrimp with their grits, you can never have too much hot sauce and yes, they like their tea sweet!

I'm fortunate to live in a small, quiet town that's close to a lot of attractions and we even have a Shoney's and a Walmart. It's just a short drive anywhere to get a piece of history, some sun at the beach or just a really good meal that reminds you of grandma!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sit on my front porch with a good book, a warm spring breeze and a glass of that sweet tea.

1 comment:

  1. Like like like :) I couldnt agree with you more! The people are so much friendlier and strangers do wave :) and I love the sweet tea!

    ReplyDelete